add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Standard Club
Standard Club
TitleStandard Club
DescriptionFrom text: "The Standard Club was organized in 1869, and chartered February 14th, 1887. The object for which it was formed is the social and mental improvement of its members by social intercourse and by various educational means, to-wit: The establishment and maintenance of a library, a gymnasium, a theater, a lecture and music hall, a reading room, the collection of paintings and other objects of art, all of which will be embodied in the new and magnificent structure which is now being finished, and which will be completed and opened about March 1st, 1889. The new Club House is situated on the corner of Michigan Avenue and Thirteenth Street..."
Source Page
Link to the Full-Text
RepositoryUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Subject NameStandard Club
Coverage-SpatialNear South Side (Chicago, Ill.)
PublisherUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
University of Illinois at Chicago
RightsImages in this collection were digitized through the University of Illinois Library's participation in the Open Content Alliance and may be used freely. Attribution to the University of Illinois is appreciated. High-resolution images can be downloaded from the Internet Archive at For further information, contact
Book TitleThe Chicago clubs: illustrated
Author of the BookLanward Publishing Company
CollectionPicture Chicago
powered by CONTENTdm ® | University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Homepage ^ to top ^