add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Lake View town hall
Lake View town hall
TitleLake View town hall
CreatorWatriss, A. W.
DescriptionCaption: "Town Hall of the former city of Lake View: Built in 1872 at a cost of seventeen thousand dollars, corner Addison and Halsted streets. Photograph taken by A. W. Watriss". From text: "The name of the Township of Ridgeville was changed to Evanston on February 17th, 1857, accompanied by a change of boundaries. Lakeview Township, formerly a part of Ridgeville Township, was at the same time created, and has since been included within the city limits of Chicago."
Source Page
Link to the Full-Text
RepositoryUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
SubjectCity & town halls
Coverage-SpatialChicago (Ill.)
PublisherUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
University of Illinois at Chicago
RightsImages in this collection were digitized through the University of Illinois Library's participation in the Open Content Alliance and may be used freely. Attribution to the University of Illinois is appreciated. High-resolution images can be downloaded from the Internet Archive at For further information, contact
Book TitleChicago: its history and its builders, a century of marvelous growth
Author of the BookCurrey, J. Seymour (Josiah Seymour), b. 1844
CollectionPicture Chicago
powered by CONTENTdm ® | University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Homepage ^ to top ^