add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
University of Illinois Architecture Building
University of Illinois Architecture Building
Resource Typeimage
TitleUniversity of Illinois Architecture Building
Coverage / Year1928
Description608 E. Lorado Taft Drive, Champaign.
InterpretationAn apple orchard set out by Prof. J.C. Blair in 1897 was removed to erect this building. Completed in 1928, the building included space for classes in fine arts and in architectural engineering--a subject in which the University of Illinois ranked first in the nation. An outstanding collection of architectural drawings and books (many translated and copied by hand by Prof. Nathan Clifford Ricker) formed the core of the library on the second floor. Ricker headed the architecture department for 37 years.
Lesson Plans / ThemesUrban Treasure Hunt
Learning Standards16 History
Author or CreatorMiller, Patricia L.; Illinois Heritage Association;
SourceHistory in Postcards: Champaign, Urbana, and the University of Illinois. Willis C. Baker, Patricia L. Miller. Illinois Heritage Association, 1993.
Subject / KeywordsChampaign County, Illinois; Buildings; Education; Architecture
Collection PublisherIllinois Heritage Association
Further InformationFor any further information related to this record, please contact the Collection Publisher. See for more information about this project.
Rights Management Statement
Resource IdentifierIHA00175
CONTENTdm file name4646212372002_Image11.jpg
powered by CONTENTdm ® | University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Homepage ^ to top ^